Have you ever tried teaching someone how to play KanJam, and wished there was a quick video you could show them? Well you’re in luck. We recently condensed our “How to Play” video to 30 seconds, keeping only exactly what you need to start playing KanJam!
The second video we created is for the KanJam non-believers. Once you show anyone this video, and the passion our fans have for KanJam, they’re sure to want to give the game a try.
Check out both videos below, and be on the look-out for more video content from KanJam!
If you’ve played KanJam long enough, you’ve most likely thrown an Instant Win. But have you ever thrown instant win from across a pool while lying in a hammock? These kids did and caught it on video, along with a lot of other great KanJam trick shots. Watch the video below, and let us know what your favorite shots were on Facebook or on Twitter at @KanJam.
Have you every attempted a KanJam trick shot or created a trick shot video? If you have your own KanJam trick shot videos that you want to share with everyone, upload them to YouTube then email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will share the best on social media.
KanJam is currently played in over 7,000 schools across the country and we’re always hearing from phys-ed teachers about the different ways they use KanJam in Gym class. We’ve put together five great ways to use KanJam as a gym game, and we’re sure there’s a whole lot more. Please email us at email@example.com with your ideas for how to use KanJam as a school game and we will add it to our list!
1. KanJam Original – Many physical education classes across the country play KanJam in the original format of 2-on-2 with a score up to 21. The teams of two throw and deflect the disc to score points, and the first team to score 21 points or throw an Instant Win is declared the winner.
2. KanJam Switch – This game is played just as the original game, however after every team has their turn to throw and deflect, they sprint to the opposite side for their next turn. Players also must make sure not to disrupt the other games being played, or this will result in a loss of the team’s throws in the next round.
Game play continues, throwing, deflecting and switching sides, until one team scores 21 points or an Instant Win occurs.
3. KanJam Relay – To play KanJam Relay, teachers set up at least two courts as you would for original KanJam. Teams of 3 or more are formed and placed at each each goal. Each team can have multiple throwers and deflectors for example, a team can have 4 throwers at one goal and one person deflecting the discs, making it a team of 5.
After a throw and deflect, the thrower sprints to the other goal and becomes the deflector and the current deflector takes the disc and sprints to the opposite goal, giving the disc to the next thrower in line. Game play continues until one team scores 21 points or throws an Instant Win
4. Ultimate KanJam – Ultimate KanJam is played just like Ultimate Frisbee, but with a KanJam twist. The goals are established at approximately 30 yards apart with a designated 10-foot zone, where only the deflector can enter.
Teams of four play against each other and pass the disc to one-another, however they can not take more than 3 steps while in possession of the disc. As the team advances toward their scoring goal, the defensive team can play NO CONTACT defense. This means the defensive team can intercept and/or deflect passes or scoring attempts, as long as they don’t step within the 10-foot scoring zone.
Anytime the disc hits the ground on offense, possession transfers to the other team, and any time a non-deflecting offensive player enters the scoring zone, possession is awarded to the opposing team and any points scored on that play are nullified. Should a defensive player enter the scoring zone, an automatic 2-point penalty is assessed to the defensive team, and the offensive team regains possession at the point of the throw.
The first team to 21 points wins the game. An Instant win can only be scored by throwing the disc through the Instant Win slot.
5. KanJam Stack – For KanJam Stack, the court is set-up with 4 goals in a diamond shape. Teams of 4 or 5 are established on a 40-foot long court. There can be multiple courts set up for all students to play at once.
One deflector stands behind the diamond and the throwers stand 40-feet away from the goals. After a throw and deflect, the deflector runs the disc back to the throwing line and goes to the back of the line and the thrower becomes the new deflector.
The disc must be thrown or deflected into the goals to score points. Each time a disc enters a goal, that goal is removed from the diamond and the goals are realigned based off of the teams preference, so as long each goal is touching at least one other goal.
Once a team has removed all four goals, they yell “KanJam!” and the first team to do-so is the winner. There is no Instant Win throw in this game.
Do you have another way to play KanJam in gym class? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add your game to this list!
Calling all KanJam photographers, this is the project for you! We are looking for great KanJam action shots, and pictures of KanJam being played in fun and/or unique places for the KanJam Around the World Campaign.
What is KanJam Around The World?
The KanJam Around the World Campaign is our way of featuring KanJam players in their element, playing KanJam. Each month we will create a blog post with all of the great KanJam pictures that fans submit by email or social media. We will also share the best pictures on social media as they come in. This is a great way for your KanJam prowess and photography skills to be seen by over 45,000 KanJam fans while also spreading the word of KanJam in new locations.
What Type of picture should I submit?
There are not many restrictions to submitting a picture for the Around the World Campaign, just make sure it’s family appropriate. Whether you’re on vacation in Europe, hiking a mountain or staycationing at home this spring and summer, there will be great opportunities to take a creative KanJam picture. Below you’ll see great examples of KanJam photos that have been submitted in the past, so gather up your friends and have fun taking a creative KanJam picture!
How to submit my picture
There are many ways to submit your picture to the KanJam Around the World Campaign, below you’ll find all of the options available. If your picture is taken in a unique location, make sure to mention where the photo is taken in your social media post/email.
Facebook – Post your Around the world pictures on our Facebook page here.
Twitter – Tweet your picture to @KanJam with the hashtag #KanJamAroundTheWorld
Instagram – Post your submission to Instagram with the hashtags #KanJam AND #KanJamAroundTheWorld
Email – You can also email your submissions to email@example.com with the subject “KanJam Around the World Picture”
KanJam photos we’ve received over the years
The Table-Top Game For the 21st Century
KanJam’s newest product, Gliders, is different than all of our other games, so we’ve come up with 10 reasons you’ll absolutely love our new table-top game. Gliders is currently available at our online shop and many store locations
10. The 90’s are back baby! – Whether it’s Jimmy Fallon re-uniting the Saved by the Bell cast, Vanilla Ice being back in the news for being arrested or seeing Wayne and Garth back on TV, the 90’s are having a big resurgence as of late, so why not take part in the nostalgia with KanJam Gliders? Gliders are a table-top game reminiscent of the penny hockey or paper football games you played in the cafeteria growing up
9. Not just for the young at heart – While KanJam Gliders may come from the old-school table-top games, we’ve put a modern twist on the game with the KanJam Launcher. Use the launcher to either slap-shot the disc toward the goal OR use the launcher as leverage to propell the disc through the air.
8. KanJam Gliders is a game of strategy – Each team get’s one bonus shot per game which will double any points they earn on that shot, so make sure to use it at just the right time. BUT, remember, if you miss the goal completely on your bonus shot, you lose 2 points.
7. This list isn’t a slideshow – Does anybody like having to click that small arrow to get to the next item on the list? It’s even harder on your phone. That should earn KanJam Gliders some bonus points right there
6. Stay warm and play indoors – It’s currently -10 degrees outside at the moment. Stay inside and enjoy KanJam Gliders instead of having your face go numb just by getting NEAR a window
5. KanJam Gliders can be played anywhere – Gliders is ultra compact and is perfect for a dorm room, lunch break in the school cafeteria or office breakroom, or anywhere with a table.
4. Born in the USA – Like all of our KanJam games and accessories, KanJam Gliders is proudly made in America. All of our games and accessories are manufactured and packaged in Western New York, the birthplace of KanJam.
3. Play one-on-one – KanJam Gliders is designed for fast-pace back-and-forth action. With no-need to deflect the disc into the goal, Gliders can be played with only two people
2. The Price – KanJam Gliders is the most affordable KanJam game yet. At only $7.99 per game, you can’t afford to not play KanJam Gliders
1. It’s still a KanJam game – If you’re reading this, you’ve probably played the original KanJam game, and a majority of you have played KanJam MINI and/or SPLASH. Would we steer you wrong?
Free Shipping on All Online Orders Through This Wednesday (2/11/15)
To celebrate the unveiling of the brand new KanJam.com, we are offering free shipping on all online orders through Wednesday (2/11/15)! All online orders over $20 will also include our newest game, KanJam Gliders, a modern twist on the old-school table-top games everyone loved playing in the cafeteria.
When we first sat down to think about what the new website should be, we wanted to ensure user-friendliness was at the top of the list. We believe we’ve succeeded by making it much easier to find all of our great products and add them to your shopping cart. Other great user-friendly features include printable “How to Play” PDF’s for the original KanJam, KanJam SPLASH and KanJam MINI and a brand new “How to Play KanJam” Video.
More New Features of the updated website include:
- A new league/tournament page to find KanJam events close to you throughout the year. If you are running a KanJam event, or you know of a tournament or league that is not listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with all of the information, and we will be happy to add the event to the page.
- Did you know there are more KanJam products than the original game? Check out all of our great graphic-tees, new KanJam gloves and fun new games such as KanJam MINI, KanJam SPLASH and KanJam Gliders at our new online store
- It’s never been easier to follow KanJam on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. To follow us on all of our social media sites, simply click one of the icons at the bottom of the page. You can even have your KanJam Instagram pics featured on our website. Click the “Insta-Feed” button at the top of the page to view the best KanJam Instagram pictures, then post your own with the #KanJam for the chance to see your pictures on KanJam.com!
- Interested in selling KanJam at your store? Whether you have a large sporting goods store, or a small beachfront shop, it’s easy to become a KanJam vendor! Find out more about becoming a KanJam vendor at our Marketing and Retailers page
- Did you know it’s possible to make a custom KanJam for your brand? We’ve produced promotional KanJam items for many of the top brands in the US, and offer very competitive prices. email email@example.com, or visit our Marketing and Retailers page for more information
- KanJam is proud to still be made in the USA! Click here, to read about the importance we put into being an American manufacturer
- Our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page answers all of the scoring and rule questions you’ve ever had, and even some you’ve never thought of yet. Like “How do you find the best KanJam partner in the world?” Click here to find out!
The new KanJam website is a labor of love, and we need to thank our fantastic design agency and IT company for all of the hard work and long hours put into the website. We hope all of the KanJam fans across the world love it as much as we do.